Chrome enters the browser fray
This morning I managed to download Google's open source Chrome browser to check it out and see how it works.
The installation did not go as smoothly as I would have liked because thrice I got the error The installer encountered error 1. but on the fourth attempt I managed to install the browser.
Firefox is my default browser and so to import my bookmarks and other settings I had to close it down and from there I think I was a bit impressed but also remembering that this is only a beta version and so there are bound to be some quirks here and there.
There are not many settings which is good but in the settings you can enter your home page. Surprisingly I could not find a way to easily to go to that home page by form of a button or some other means and I think its something that needs to be done.
I tested the browser on all of my sites and I was happy to see that all the sites looked alright and it appeared to load fast as well.
I quite liked the location of the search box on the right hand corner and the fact that likes Firefox it incorporates a spell checker. It seems however to have just the default dictionary.
I think I will use Chrome mostly as a test browser and I will stick to Firefox for now because I cannot see how I can do without my favourite extensions.